I was nominated for Liebster Award by Linda at The Tumbleweed Contessa. Thanks, Linda, that was so lieb from you!
Most bloggers, at some point, have heard of or received the Liebster award, unless you are a newbie! This award exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, and endearing to name a few.
The Liebster Award is an award being passed around the blogosphere to up and coming bloggers. The rules are as follows:
- Acknowledge and thank the blog who nominated you.
- Post the award image on your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate some blogs with under 1,000 followers to receive the award.
- Let the bloggers know that you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Linda asked me these questions:
1. What made you decide to start a blog?
A few years back I had a mini home-based catering/personal chef business and I created a website with menu items for my customers. When my life got too busy to keep up with that sidekick, my customers asked me if I would share my recipes that they liked so much. I then decided to start a blog to keep them updated with what I make. When I became a grandma it was a reason more to document family recipes. My granddaughter Ava (2 ½-year-old) loved to help me in the kitchen since before she could walk.
2. What is the most rewarding thing about blogging?
Learning new tricks, discovering new recipes and meeting new people. Seeing how you progress and advance is fun.
3. What is the most challenging thing about blogging?
Keeping up with the blog schedule and new technology updates. If you're not a blogger you might not be aware of how much work goes into creating and promoting a post
4. What is your family’s favorite thing you make?
My husband loves roasted vegetables and fish and my daughter is just happy when she can visit and not have to cook herself.
5. What is your favorite movie of all time?
6. Which holiday is your favorite?
7. What song do you find yourself humming when you are happiest?
Whatever song I heard last
8. What is your favorite dessert?
I don't have just one. I love cheesecake and tiramisu and recently "married" the two here
9. What is the first thing that pops into your mind when someone asks you to bring a dish to a pot luck?
10. If you could travel anywhere, where would that be?
When I was little my parents almost moved to Australia. There were many brochures in our house with beautiful pictures that have left me fascinated with that country. It is on my bucket list to visit.
11. Who would you take along on your trip?
If I could I would travel with my whole family.
11 random facts about me:
- I will be a grandma for the second time come July 2015
- I speak Bosnian, German and English fluently
- I was born in Bosnia and lived there until I was 27. I lived in Germany for 6 years before I moved to the States in 1998
- I don't have a favorite color
- I can't whistle
- I can twist my tongue sideways
- I play piano
- I love fast driving
- I love the smell of the air in spring, summer rain, autumn sky, and winter nights
- I have a super soft spot for animals. I cry when I see roadkill.
- I'm competitive
Blogs I'm nominating:
Baking with Sibella
Giraffes can Bake
Esskunst Nutrition Coaching
Questions I'm asking:
- What made you decide to start a blog?
- What is the most rewarding thing about blogging?
- Name one most challenging thing about blogging?
- Which blog post are you most proud of?
- How did you find your niche?
- What is your dream job?
- Fun fact about your project/recipe that went wrong.
- Where would you love to live?
- What is your favorite color?
- If you’d win a lottery, what is the first thing you’d buy?
- What makes the world go ‘round for you?
Looking forward to connecting with you soon.
For more quick recipes and tips follow my All that's Jas Facebook page or the social network of your preference. It makes my day 🙂