It’s super easy to make this classic Greek Frappe at home using instant coffee. It takes only 3 ingredients and a couple of minutes to prepare this refreshing drink!
Disclosure: I received two free Mighty Mugs (not an affiliate) in exchange for including their giveaway link on the blog.
This seriously delicious and refreshing iced coffee will make you forget Starbucks this summer. Save big bucks by learning how to make a Greek Frappe at home.
Last week we saw Mamma Mia, my all time favorite musical, and my urge to visit Greece intensified. All I wanted to do is stroll around a small Greek village and sip on ice-cold classic frappes as the Greeks do.
Do you have a bucket list? You know that the number 1 thing preventing us from achieving our goals on the list is money, right? Even worse yet, we just wait to magically get rich before we cross off those items.
So I decided to start doing something about it because let’s face it, I’ll never get rich. I’m tightening the budget and putting the money into savings. Because I REALLY do want to visit Greece.
So, instead of leaving my bucks at Starbucks, I’ll be making my own Greek frappe grande for a fraction of the cost. And with free refills, ha!
A Coffee Mug Giveaway
To ensure it stays cold I got this awesome mug. Why is it awesome, you ask? Well, not only it will keep my beverage cold or hot, but it also won’t spill. Yep, you heard that right! We pushed it, slapped, it, bumped it – it stayed upright! It’s magical!
Don’t believe me? Check out this short video of my daughter demonstrating it.
When my husband saw the Mighty Mug he said: “I’m impressed and I don’t easily get impressed with things.”
Giveaway closes in two weeks. THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED!
WHAT’S IN GREEK ICED COFFEE?
You’re going to love these three simple ingredients:
- Instant coffee granules
- Water and Ice (that’s basically one ingredient fresh and frozen)
- OPTIONAL: milk or heavy cream
HOW DO YOU MAKE GREEK FRAPPE?
Mix it all up and you’ll have refreshing iced coffee in no time:
- Pour the water, coffee granules and sugar into a cocktail shaker or a mason jar with a thigh-fitting lid. Close the lid tightly and shake vigorously for 1-2 minutes until very foamy. Don’t skimp on this step!
- Fill a tall glass (or a Mighty Mug) halfway with ice cubes. Pour the froth into the glass and slowly top off with cold water or milk. Enjoy while dreaming of sunny Greece!
Forget Starbucks. #Save big bucks by learning how to make a Greek #Frappe at home. Plus a #mightymug #giveaway! The mug that won't fall! Click To Tweet
Take it to the next level and add a shot of Baileys, Kahlúa, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Classic Greek Frappe
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2-4 teaspoons white sugar your preference of sweetness
- 2 tablespoons water
- Ice cubes
- Milk heavy cream, condensed milk, or evaporated milk to taste (optional)
- Pour the water, coffee granules and sugar into a cocktail shaker or a mason jar with a thigh-fitting lid. Close the lid tightly and shake vigorously for 1-2 minutes until very foamy. Don't skimp on this step!
- Fill a tall glass halfway with ice cubes. Pour the froth into the glass and slowly top off with cold water or milk. Enjoy while dreaming of sunny Greece!
Pin it: Classic Greek Frappe
See this recipe featured at Savvy in the Kitchen, House of Hollingsworth Blog, The Sweet Sensations, Life in a House of Testosterone, A Mama Tale, The Answer is Chocolate, The Cottage Market, Jodie Fitz, Pieced Pastimes, and Mother 2 Mother Blog.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and never miss a recipe!