What's in this Cauliflower Salad?
One thing you won't find in this dish is mayonnaise. Yep, you've read that right, it's made with a no-mayo homemade salad dressing!
- Cauliflower - separate in similar size florets
- Celery - choose tender celery stalks
- Green onions - white and green parts
- Eggs - hard-boiled
- Parsley - fresh (optional)
- Dijon mustard - I like grainy kind
- Olive oil - extra virgin
- Vinegar - distilled white or apple cider
- Salt - to taste
How to make this mock potato salat?
*Scroll down for complete, printable recipe including nutritional information.
- Steam the cauliflower until fork-tender. Cool to room temperature.
- Place the cooked florets in a large bowl. Add celery, onion, eggs, and parsley.
- Whisk mustard, oil, vinegar, and salt together until combined.
- Fold gently into the bowl with the cauliflower. Chill before serving.
And there you have it. A simple, healthy mock potato salad that everyone likes. Makes life easier when I don't have to cook separate things for myself and others.
This salad will satisfy even the pickiest eater's palate. It has very much the same taste and texture as your regular potato salad, without the carbs.
Whenever I brought this dish to potlucks and cookouts, it was the first thing to go. People are usually surprised by how mild and similar to "real" potato salad it is. I think the dressing seals the deal!
For a loaded version, add crispy fried bacon pieces and shredded cheddar. If you're not counting calories, mix the dressing with mayo and sour cream.
What other recipes with cauliflower should I try?
- ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH GASTRIQUE SAUCE
- SPAGHETTI WITH CARAMELIZED CAULIFLOWER AND MUSHROOMS
- OVEN-ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUP
- CAULIFLOWER-TOPPED PORK CHOPS
- EASY CAULIFLOWER FRITTATA
- CAULIFLOWER STEAKS
Low-Carb Mock Potato Cauliflower Salad Recipe
- 1 head cauliflower, large
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, hard - boiled
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cut up cauliflower into same-sized pieces and steam until fork-tender, about 5-10 minutes (depending on the size of your florets). Drain and place into a large bowl; let cool to room temperature.
- While cauliflower is steaming, boil the eggs. Place in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and cook for 6-7 minutes. Cool, peel, and slice or chop.
- Add chopped celery, green onions, eggs, and chopped parsley to the bowl with the cauliflower.
- In a small bowl, make the dressing: whisk the mustard, oil, vinegar, and salt together until combined. Gently fold with the cauliflower. Chill before serving.